Problem with TIME specification in hobbit-alerts.cfg?

Eric van de Meerakker eric-list-1 at softlution.com
Tue Nov 7 11:27:37 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm still having problems with alert configuration in Hobbit. I've
configured notifications as follows:

> # On which colors should we alert?
> $ALERT_COLORS=COLOR=purple,red
>
> # Mail rule
> $MAIL_BEHEER=MAIL beheer at softlution.com FORMAT=TEXT REPEAT=10069920 RECOVERED NOTICE
>
> # SMS rule
> $SMS_SUPPORT=SCRIPT /Hobbit/server/ext/pg/smsalert support FORMAT=SMS REPEAT=30 TIME=W:0800:0900,W:1700:2300,60:0800:2300 DURATION>5 RECOVERED NOTICE
>
> PAGE=<page> $ALERT_COLORS
>         $SMS_SUPPORT
>
> HOST=%.* $ALERT_COLORS
>         $MAIL_BEHEER

hobbitd_alert --dumpconfig and hobbitd_alert --test seem to think this
configuration is fine.

smsalert is basically a wrapper around smstools' sendsms command, I've
added phone number aliases so the actual phone numbers don't show up in
the info column pages, and I've added basic logging with timestamps and
sendsms exit codes. It has worked fine so far.)

However, this morning at 8:00 AM no SMS was sent on a red condition
which had already lasted for hours (it started at 00:44 AM) and is shown
on the page <page>. A mail alert was sent as soon as the condition
started, but an SMS is never sent and neither notifications.log nor my
smsalert.log show any attempt to send an SMS.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Best regards,

Eric.