[hobbit] Presentation of Hobbit Monitoring System

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Tue May 23 03:11:39 CEST 2006

Tadd Moore wrote:
> Werner - I went through this somewhat recently...at my desk.  While I
> didn't need them, I could have done it in three slides.
>
> Slide 1 - 36 pt. Sans-serif on White.  "*It's Free*"
> Slide 2 - 36 pt. Sans-serif on White.  "*It Works*"
> Slide 3 - 36 pt. Sans-serif on White.  "*It's Here Now*"
> Not sure there's much else to say, quite frankly.  Then again, my
> organization isn't big on fluff.  Deliver good, fast, and cheap, and
> you're in.  (grin)
>
> Seriously, if you're presenting to techies, turn them loose on the man
> pages and one of the open 'demo' sites running Hobbit.  They can
> develop their own questions about how it works (a good way to gauge
> interest and acceptance), but you'll probably find it sells itself
> much like it did for us.
>
> -TM

> Hi,
>
>     I need to make a presentation to migrate (proposal) our
> monitoring to Hobbit, I thought asking here before I start doing work
> and see if someone of you has already done something like this and is
> willing to share it with the list.
>
>     The persons who'll be watching to the presentation are are technical
> guys, so I need a little more carefully made presentation, but nice
> looking graphs/slides always do it's impressive work.
>
>     Thanks in advance.
>     Regards
>     Werner

> hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

My thoughts exactly. If they're techies then let them loose on the
system, the code and the mail archives. The point of Free is what drives
most people I deal with even though there is obviously some time and
effort in configuring it and setting it up but thats common ground for
any product you choose.

What are you using now for Monitoring ? If theyre already used to
something nice warm and fuzzy then it might be harder and you might end
up going down the 'recustomise it to look like the old system' road.

But yeah I think most people would agree that techies couldnt give a
rats about slides and fancy crap, just does it work or not and how much :)

Allan