[hobbit] files test fails to work

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun May 21 12:51:23 CEST 2006

On Sat, May 20, 2006 at 11:01:06PM +0000, David Gore wrote:

> Here is a file I want to get the 'mtime' for:
>
> -rw-rw-rw-   1 netx     other    2189103 May 20 22:49
> /export/home/netx/Archive/nxg21/nxg21:SIG_SNMP/mci-nornxdb05.SNMP_COMMUNITY.public.nxg21:SIG_SNMP.2006May20

I think the colons in the filename are the problem. A ':' is also the
delimiter in file "file:FILENAME[:hash]" entry in client-local.cfg,
so when parsing the "file:..." line it cuts off the filename at the
first colon.

It should work if you use the 'run-command-to-generate-filenames'
thing, i.e. in client-local.cfg you have
   file:`/usr/local/bin/snmpfilename`
and then the /usr/local/bin/snmpfilename script on your client host
generates these filenames.

> So then I realize in client-local.cfg on the server you have to have a
> command or file entry that will resolve to one and only one full path
> filename?  You can, however, use a regular expression in
> hobbit-clients.cfg to create a line to match more than 1 file entry in
> client-local.cfg per host?

Correct.