[hobbit] IRIX client

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu May 18 17:34:45 CEST 2006

Hi Kenneth,

On Thu, May 18, 2006 at 11:16:30AM -0400, Langford, Kenneth wrote:

> I have about 200 SGI IRIX systems that I am going to have to start
> monitoring.  Does anyone already have a hobbitclient-irix.sh created????

Not that I know of.

> I guess the other question is will hobbit server handle the data sent to
> it?????

It will probably handle some of it (the cpu- and disk-outputs are fairly
standard across unix platforms). But some work on the Hobbit server code
is needed for Hobbit to pick up things like memory data, vmstat/netstat
data etc.

I'll be happy to add support for IRIX, but since I don't have such a
system available I need someone who is interested to help me with the
client-side work - and who can provide sample outputs so I can teach
Hobbit to recognize the data.

As a starting point, grab the latest snapshot from
http://www.hswn.dk/beta/ and try to get one of the current
hobbitclient-*.sh scripts to work on IRIX. Then send me the output from
your script.