hobbitping oddities

Schwimmer, Eric E *HS EES2Y at hscmail.mcc.virginia.edu
Thu May 18 16:58:47 CEST 2006

Had a some unexpected behaviour from hobbitping that I thought
I'd let you know about.  When a host goes down, hobbitping
will report it red, but the next poll cycle, it will report
green again.  The next poll cycle it will go red once more
(this time with a message in the conn page that the host
has been down for 3 consecutive polling cyclings), then it
goes green again, etc etc.

This wouldn't be quite so troublesome if it didn't page
us once for every red conn message :)

This is on hobbit 4.1.2p1, and all of our hosts are using
the badconn:1:1:2 flag.

Regards.
-Eric