[hobbit] deleting history of a test

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Mar 30 10:35:55 CEST 2006

On Thu, Mar 30, 2006 at 10:09:02AM +0200, Stephane Caminade wrote:
> I had added a test that after some thinking was not reaally needed.
> I decided to delete it, and its history.
> I looked at tips and tricks, and tried to run '~/server/bin/bb 127.0.0.1
> "drop HOSTNAME dns" ', which did not work apparently.

It should have worked. Note that it may take up to one minute before it
disappears from the web page (they only get refreshed once a minute when
bbgen runs).

> It took me some time to find that in ~/server/tmp/ there is a file named
> hobbitd.chk which does not disappear when you stop/start hobbit.

This file holds the information that Hobbit normally keeps in memory
while running - e.g. the latest color of each status, when it was last
updated etc. The whole point of this file is to maintain the current
status across a restart of Hobbit.

> Deleting this file apparently forced hobbit to recreate it, and this
> time my deleted test had disappeared.

Obviously, since your test was no longer being reported to hobbitd.

> Is that the expected behaviour ?

The core issue here is why the "drop" command did not work. The most
common reason for this, I'm sorry to say, is mis-typing of the host-
or column-name.