ignore pages

Kolbjørn Barmen kolbjorn.barmen at uninett.no
Fri Mar 24 10:15:45 CET 2006

Hello,

I just set up a Hobbit-server for testing, to see if we (hopefully) can
"upgrade" from our old bigbrother. One feature we have missed is to be
able to set up pages with non-critical/testing/private machines, that wont
affect the over-all status of the Hobbit main-page.

If one could set this as a page property flag or something
("ignore-in-parent"), that would be superb.

Is this perhaps already possible?

Also (and please bear over with me on this one), are there any plans on
making bb-hosts more structured?  I find it difficult to place things
where I want them on pages, especially the main page.

If I have this in bb-hosts:

---- 8< ----
title <b>Blabla</b>
nnn.nn.nnn.nn   blabla.uninett.no   # bbd https://blabla.uninett.no/ ssh

##### SAMSIX2 machines: #####
page samsix2 SAMSIX machines
group-compress <b>SAMSIX2</b>
nnn.nn.nnn.nn   samsix2.nnnn.no      # !ftp ssh smtp dns

##### SAMSON3 machines: #####
page samsix3 SAMSON3-maskiner
group-compress <b>SAMSIX3</b>
nnn.nn.nnn.nn   samsix3.nnnn.no      # !ftp ssh smtp dns
---- >8 ----

I get a page that looks like this:

---- 8< ----

Pages Hosted Locally
--
SAMSIX2 machines  |  SAMSIX3 machines

Blabla
--
                     bbd bbgen bbtest conn cpu ....
blabla.uninett.no     o    o     o     o    o  ....

How do I get "Blabla" placed over the SAMSIXen, and how do I set a title
for the main page (that is, replace "Pages Hotes Locally")?

I hate to bring up XML, but in this case I'm very tempted :)

--
Kolbjørn Barmen
UNINETT Driftsenter