[hobbit] RRD error in updating the rrd files

Gada, Subhash subhash.gada at logicacmg.com
Tue Mar 21 10:13:13 CET 2006

Hi,

Thank you all very much for the support.

Special thanks to Taylor Robert, Hubbard Greg L &

I managed to make the graphing work for custom tests.

I debugged the script by redirecting the values to a log then I
understood that the variable 'v' is having null value for which it is
reading from the $line.

Here is the script.

Once again my hurtful thanks to hobbit mailing list.

 #!/bin/sh

# Input parameters: Hostname, testname (column), and messagefile
HOSTNAME="$1"
TESTNAME="$2"
FNAME="$3"

if [ "$TESTNAME" = "printq" ]
then
i=0
cat $FNAME |   \
while read line
do

if [ $line ]
then
v=`echo $line | grep "^PRN*" | awk -F: '{print $2}'`

#DS names
dsn=`echo $line |grep "^PRN...:" | awk -F: '{print $1}'`

# The RRD dataset definitions
echo "DS:qlen:GAUGE:600:0:U"

# The filename
echo "printq,$dsn.rrd"