Well.. I got a Windows client.. sort of...

Luis Anaya papo at dcentral.net
Fri Mar 10 02:42:08 CET 2006

Hi:

I managed to get the hobbit client working on Cygwin.  In a way there it
is a way to have some basic monitoring on windows boxes.  Perhaps with
some scripts and connections to COM components, something interesting
could be done in this setup, like talking to Outlook and get tasks and such.

The only caveat is that the server does not have a trap to handle cygwin
hosts, hence my hair pulling for the past few days.  I worked it around
by spoofing the server by changing the reported operating system on the
client from cygwin to linux and then changing the linux script to be
cygwin friendly.

Regards,

Luis