Collecting RRD from custom script, but no graph

Syms.MS at forces.gc.ca Syms.MS at forces.gc.ca
Fri Mar 3 16:11:49 CET 2006

Hi, folks-

I wrote a custom data collection script to send varying data to hobbit- hobbit receives it ok, displays the status properly and populates an rrd to store the data, but then doesn't graph it.  I do get the graph name in a text hyperlink beside the magnifying glass icon, but that's it.

I've done a similar thing with hobbit on a debian box before without a problem, but now that I'm running it on an aging Redhat Advanced Server 3 box, it's giving me some trouble.

The configuration bits: I'm running rrdtool 1.0.48, gcc 2.3.3 and Hobbit 4.1.2p1.

The output line from my script:
${BB} ${BBDISP} "status ${MACHINE}.trackoswex ${COLOR} `date`

trackoswex: ${TRACKS}

"

In hobbitlaunch.cfg, I'ved added
[trackoswex]
        ENVFILE /usr/local/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        NEEDS hobbitd
        CMD /usr/local/hobbit/server/ext/gccs/trackoswex.sh
        LOGFILE $BBSERVERLOGS/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 30m

>From hobbitgraph.cfg
[trackoswex]
        TITLE OSWEX Tracks
        YAXIS Number of tracks
        DEF:tr=trackoswex.rrd:tracks:AVERAGE
        AREA:tr#00CCCC:Tracks
        COMMENT:These are the number of tracks received in the last 120 minutes.\n
        GPRINT:tr:LAST: \: %5.1lf (cur)
        GPRINT:tr:MAX: \: %5.1lf (max)
        GPRINT:tr:MIN: \: %5.1lf (min)
        GPRINT:tr:AVERAGE: \: %5.1lf (avg)\n

>From hobbitserver.cfg
TEST2RRD="cpu=la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,$PINGCOLUMN=tcp,http=tcp,dns=tcp,dig=tcp,time=ntpstat,vmstat,iostat,netstat,temperature,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,nmailq=mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,trackoswex=ncv"

# This defines which RRD files to include on the "trends" column webpage,
# and the order in which they appear.
GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,netstat,mrtg::1,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iishealth,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,trackoswex"

NCV_trackoswex="trackoswex:GAUGE"

Any help would be appreciated!

tks