[hobbit] Couple possible enhancement requests?

David Gore David.Gore at verizonbusiness.com
Fri Jun 30 13:34:59 CEST 2006

Henrik Stoerner wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:28:58PM +0000, David Gore wrote:
>
>> We have had several complete failures of the hobbit client when it hangs
>> trying to look at remote file systems.  Do you think the -l option
>> should be the default?
>>

> Yes. Done.

Cool, thank you!
>> I was also wondering if 'bbcmd' could be upgraded to accommodate
>> different home directories?
>>

> Use the --env option.

Ok, but I still get this...

../bin/bbcmd --env=../etc/hobbitclient.cfg perl bb-se.pl
2006-06-30 11:24:22 xgetenv: Cannot find value for variable HOBBITCLIENTHOME
Could not open file: /etc/bb-proctab
  error: No such file or directory

Because:

more ../etc/hobbitclient.cfg
.
.
# You normally dont need to modify anything below here
BBPORT="1984"                   # Portnumber where hobbitd listens
BBHOME="$HOBBITCLIENTHOME"      # Directory for the Hobbit client files

Obviously, I could hack around that, but I was hoping to avoid doing
so.  I just thought if runclient.sh could figure it out programmatically
so could bbcmd?