[hobbit] [wishlist] Better support of the @@ tag in NCV trends

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jun 29 22:43:03 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 06:51:40PM +0200, Charles Goyard wrote:

> In do_ncv.c, I see this :
>
> 42:	while (l && *l && strncmp(l, "@@\n", 3)) {
>
> If I understand correctly, that means the program will stop processing
> the status file if it encounter a "@@\n" line. Well, I tried and it
> seems to work that way (I have a status showing something like two counters
> followed by a bunch of SNMP values that I don't want to graph). It do
> not seem to be documented.

There's a reason why it isn't documented: You shouldn't use it.

The "@@<newline>" marker is actually used for something completely
different, and embedding it into your data stream is generally not
a good idea. In fact, I'd expect some complaints in your log files
as a result of this.

Hobbit 4.2 has a different solution to your problem. You can setup
exactly which values you want to graph, e.g. in your case it would be

  NCV_something="inreqs:COUNTER,outreqs:COUNTER,*:NONE"

and it would track only those two values.