[hobbit] Hobbit tracking of data from ORCA

Sherman, Larry, GCM Larry.Sherman at rbsgc.com
Tue Jun 20 16:14:34 CEST 2006

We use it.  We use orcallator for the BB server, we wrote our agent to
collect files for a "tempallator."  We wrote another one for a
"ticallator" to track TIC statistics (a Cache Server for Real Time
data).  We use the procollator for Linux.

To be frank, the tempallator is the most valuable, and we rarely look at
the others.  We wrote a web front-end to the data called heatmap, which
looks up the location of the server name in a db, and puts it in the
correct cab location in the DC.  The map shows the rows of cabs, the
color of the cab is set by the hottest machine (hard-coded thresholds).
Click on the cab to see the machines.

Kind of off tangent I know, but I think you could do the same in hobbit:

Page dc Prod DC

0.0.0.0 Row_1 # noconn
0.0.0.0 Row_2 # noconn
0.0.0.0 Row_3 # noconn
Etc

Then have a script that sent the data in the form of row_1.cab1, etc.

Larry