[hobbit] New install - Which version to get ?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 20 14:15:53 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 10:39:06AM +0200, Nicolas Dorfsman wrote:

> 	I'm starting a new hobbit install session.
>
> 	I'll need to graph some sar I/O stats.

There's no built-in module to collect sar data in any Hobbit version.

> 	Which version of hobbit would be the best ? 4.0 ? 4.1.2rc ?

The current production release is 4.1.2p1.
The current beta-release is 4.2-beta-20060605, with patches available at
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbitsw/betapatches/.

> 	I'd like to have some autonomous system, including messages files
> scanning without getting some BB executables.

For logfile monitoring you will need to use the current beta-release.
The 4.1.x version does not support log monitoring.