Latest snapshot - DOWNTIME applied to individual tests

Frédéric Mangeant frederic.mangeant at steria.com
Mon Jun 19 14:20:06 CEST 2006

Hi again Henrik

I'm trying to use the new DOWNTIME settings. From the Changelog :

* DOWNTIME can now be applied to individual tests, and
  you can specify a text explaining why the service is
  down. The new format in the bb-hosts file is:
     DOWNTIME=columns:days:starttime:endtime:cause
  If you have more than one service that you want to set
  the downtime for, "column" can be "*" to match all
  services, or you can define multiple downtime-settings:
  "DOWNTIME=http,ftp:*:0300:0315:CMS update;*:0:0200:0210:Reboot"

I added this to a host : DOWNTIME=*:*:1000:1600:Test

In the 'info' colum, that appeared correctly : Planned downtime:All
days:*:1000:1600:Test

Sent (with BBwin 0.7) a red status which appeared as... red, and an
alert was sent.

Maybe I'm not using DOWNTIME the right way ?

Another thing, adding a space in the cause field seems not to work.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

--

Frédéric Mangeant

Steria EDC Sophia-Antipolis