[hobbit] TIME alert problems (still)

Mike Rowell Mike.Rowell at Rightmove.co.uk
Mon Jun 19 12:55:53 CEST 2006

Henrik,

So what you're saying is that when you have a TIME blackout window for a
service, even if the last rule for that service has STOP after it, the
alerts continue until it finds a rule it can send with?

That if it is what you are saying is not something I would be expecting.
Just so you can see, these are the two lines 137 and 139.

MAIL=systems at some.domain COLOR=red,yellow REPEAT=1h FORMAT=PLAIN
MAIL=support-rightmove at some.domain COLOR=RED FORMAT=SMS
DURATION>5 REPEAT=1h

Regards,

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Henrik Stoerner [mailto:henrik at hswn.dk]
Sent: 19 June 2006 11:43
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] TIME alert problems (still)

On Mon, Jun 19, 2006 at 10:38:17AM +0100, Mike Rowell wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> On 137 and 139 we have the catch alls for sysalert and support
(support
> is our red address and sysalert is where we send both to).

Well, those catch-all rules are what triggers the alerts you don't want.
They probably have a "UNMATCHED" setting ? But that will also cause
them to be applied when the rules above them are skipped due to time-
constraints.

In other words, if you have a setup like

  HOST=myhost TEST=mytest
      MAIL dayshift at foo.com TIME=W:0800:1700

  HOST=*
      MAIL support at foo.com UNMATCHED

then "support at foo.com" will get all myhost.mytest alerts
that happen outside the weekdays-0800-1700 time window.

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs service.