[hobbit] Client Dies HP-UX 11.11 and 11.23 with no error

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 13 23:02:43 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 12:47:43PM -0400, Camp.external at qimonda.com wrote:

> I am currently using 4.1.2p1. I have about 40 clients mixed HP-UX
> servers. All are working except for two. The client dies and there is no
> core, no error message to indicate why. One client is HP-UX 11.11 and
> the other is 11.23. Both were compiled using gcc 4.1.1 and are 32 bit.
> Any hints are suggestions about how I can troubleshoot this would be
> greatly appreciated.

First, check for strange stuff in the ~hobbit/client/logs/* files.

Is hobbitlaunch running ?

Is the file ~hobbit/client/tmp/msg.HOSTNAME.txt generated ? This is
the first step, where data is collected and packed into a client
message.

Finally, check if the "bb" utility in ~hobbit/client/bin/bb works.
Just try to run it - it should print out a usage message.