[hobbit] failover feature?

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jun 11 09:00:52 CEST 2006

On Sat, Jun 10, 2006 at 08:41:30PM -0700, J Sloan wrote:
> One of the things we really make use of in our current bb setup is the
> failover capability, which has been quite useful on more than one occasion.
[snip]
> I looked through the hobbit configs but don't see that failover functionality.
> Is that something envisioned for a future release, or is there simply a
> different approach to that problem in hobbit as compared to bb?

In the Hobbit "contrib" directory, you will find a detailed description
of how you can setup a cluster of Hobbit servers for an HA scenario.

I do have some ideas about other ways of handling this, but it is fairly
low on my priority list since the cluster mechanism works and can be
setup without any changes to Hobbit itself.