[hobbit] ldapyellowfail tag

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jun 7 09:28:02 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jun 05, 2006 at 09:27:50AM +1000, ZanDAhaR wrote:

> I noticed theres a ldapyellowfail tag which I tried putting in so I got
> email but not paged about it but it doesn't seem to work for me I still
> get red messages. I'd prefer to be able to add this instead of doing a
> separate alert rule so any suggestions would be good.I know the
> ldaplogin works fine as I'm using this on another host that doesnt allow
> anonymous binds

I checked up on this, and the "ldapyellowfail" option only applies to
the result of the LDAP *query* - if Hobbit cannot connect to the LDAP
server at all (i.e. it gets a "connection refused" or a timeout when
trying to bind to the LDAP server), then you'll get a red status.

The bb-hosts man-page does say so, although I'll admit it could be
made a bit clearer.

If that's not what you want, then you could use a "badldap:0:99999:99999"
setting instead.