[hobbit] Probs with BBWin 0.7

Roger WJ Alterskjær Roger.Alterskjaer at vm.ntnu.no
Tue Jun 6 16:28:06 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-06 at 09:18 +0200, Etienne Grignon wrote:

> Some users still report me that sometimes, they can't stop the
> service. In reality, it seems that one agent never starts successfuly,
> which mean that one of the agent is breaking the all threads at
> startup and that's why you can't stop it after and why it never
> reports.
> For this bug, I'm still figure out what's happen in this case because
> for the moment, I never succeed to reproduce this behavior in Visual C
> ++ debugger on my Windows XP station.
> However, the agent cpu is for the moment the suspicious agent which
> may cause this strange crash. You may try starting BBWin on your
> Win2000 without the cpu loading directive.

Hi!
Okay, looks like I found it: Externals was set to load even though I
didn't have any defined. On Windows 2003 servers this popped up in the
Event Log as a warning. Since the daemons worked I thought nothing of
it. But on the 2000 server I had to take out the loading of the
externals dll. Now I can stop and start the daemon as much as I
please. :-)

BTW, on the 64-bit servers it looks like all daemons are working. Not
bad!

-Roger