[hobbit] Hobbit 4.2 - beta release 20060605 available

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Jun 6 12:48:58 CEST 2006

On Tue, Jun 06, 2006 at 12:18:36PM +0200, Peter wrote:

> I am trying to get the automatic client update to work. So far with no luck.
>
> In the client data i see that there is no version number. In the hobbitclient.sh I see that he does a clientupdate --level. I get an empty line.
> Looking in the clientupdate.c file I see he a CLIENTVERSIONFILE "etc/clientversion.cfg". I am not having that file and i don't see it in the distribution.
>
> Any ideas how it should work?
> Documentation about this subject is still very small, for the rest it's a great product!

Try "man clientupdate". I can see I didn't get that linked into the
HTML versions of the man-page, but you will find it at
http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit/help/manpages/man1/clientupdate.1.html

There's a typo in the "Configure which hosts receive the new client"
section, there the filename and the ID do not match. It should read:

Configure which hosts receive the new client
    In the client-local.cfg(5) file, you must now setup a
    clientversion:ID line where the ID matches the filename you used for
    the tar-file. So if you have packaged the new client into the file
    linux.v2.tar, then the corresponding entry in client-local.cfg would
    be clientversion:linux.v2.

The webpage linked above has the correct text.