[hobbit] Feature request: Audible Alarm notification of all Business Critical Servers?

Mike Arnold hobbit at razorsedge.org
Thu Jun 1 02:57:27 CEST 2006

Michael Nemeth wrote:
> Our ops people  want:
> "Audible Alarm notification of all Business Critical Servers that are
> DOWN for mornitoring" .
> I have not talked to them yet but am assuming they mean not pingable.
> IM thinking this  could be tied in to the Critical Systems page.

I believe this is why $DEITY invented pagers, but I suppose a stereo
system in the NOC might not be bad....

--
-m

... so long as the people do not care to exercise their freedom, those
who wish to tyrranize will do so; for tyrants are active and ardent,
and will devote themselves in the name of any number of gods, religious
and otherwise, to put shackles upon sleeping men.
                -- Voltarine de Cleyre