[hobbit] The Shire (proposal)

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Jul 30 22:24:31 CEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 03:27:01PM -0400, Galen Johnson wrote:
> Henrik,
>
> I've seen this come up a few times on the list that folks wanting Hobbit
> monitors have no place to put them.   I've thought about setting up a
> site for this in the past or maybe setting up something on
> Sourceforge.   Is this something others would be interested in?  Or
> maybe even have an area off the hobbitmon sf page called "The Shire".
> BB has deadcat (which is slower than xmas)...I think Hobbit is mature
> enough to warrant it's own area (yes, the BB scripts will work with
> Hobbit but Hobbit has much more functionality and is different enough
> that having it's own monitors would benefit everyone).

I'd be delighted if anyone would care to set this up. I just haven't had
the time to do it myself.

Doing it on Sourceforge would make sense, but I think either someone has
to step up and handle contributions, or everyone who wants to make a
contribution need to be registered users on Sourceforge (and added as
developers for "The Shire"). The advantage of Sourceforge of course
would be the accessibility for everyone using it.