[hobbit] help with dialup of modembank

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 24 10:04:30 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 24, 2006 at 12:23:33AM +0200, Francesco Duranti wrote:
> <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">

Francesco, could you please use plain-text when sending mails to the
list? HTML mail means much more work for me. Thanks.

> <!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

Hmm - maybe you did, and something else converts it. Must be your setup.

> I've some problems with the dialup directive for modembank...
> I'm using the 4.2 RC and I've tried many times changing the
> configuration but it seems I cannot get them to work.

I'm not surprised. It's been ages since I last tested it - I've never
used it myself - and I am pretty sure I've broken it with some of the
changes that have gone into Hobbit over the past year.

Unless there's a huge outcry of "I really need it!", I don't think I
can be bothered to fix it; I'll just remove it instead. And if you
do need it, I will probably implement it as a plain network test
associated with a normal host (like the "http" tests where you can have
multiple HTTP requests) instead of making these IP-pool-checks something
special.

In a later release, of course.