Hobbit client on VMWare ESX 3

Ed Ingram eingram at pchl.com
Fri Jul 21 20:16:26 CEST 2006

Has anyone tested this configuration?  I'm running hobbitserver and
client version 4.2-RC-20060712.  The server is working fine with a large
number of other windows and linux clients, but this one client running
vmware esx 3 does not seem to work.  I know ESX 3 comes with firewall
rules built in, but I'm able to ping the hobbit server from the esx
server and vice versa.

Anyways...this is what I keep getting in the log file:

2006-07-20 17:05:42 Could not connect to bbd at 1.2.3.4:1984 - Connection
refused

2006-07-20 17:05:42 Whoops ! bb failed to send message - Connection
failed

Ed

Edward Ingram

Sr. Systems Engineer - MCSE, CCNA

People's Choice Home Loan, Inc.

eingram at pchl.com <mailto:eingram at pchl.com>

949.341.2041

949.341.2201 FAX

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
Any review, dissemination, copying, printing or other use of this e-mail
by persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender
immediately and delete the material from any computer.