[hobbit] Proxy

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Fri Jul 21 08:52:39 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 05:38:37PM -0500, Brodie, Kent wrote:
> One question I didn't get answered (or, if I did, I missed it!)
>
> What IP address do I list in the bb-hosts file for the servers (the ones
> it can't really see, but the proxy can)?
>
> Since I can't ping those hosts from my main BB server, but I still want
> those hosts listed- I'm a bit confused..  :-)

I'd put in the real IP-address, even though you cannot talk to it from
your Hobbit server, and then a "noconn" so that Hobbit doesn't try to
ping it from the normal server.

The reason I put in the real IP is because this shows up in various
places, e.g. the "info" column. And it's nice to have at hand when you
need to do something with the system.