[hobbit] override value of hobbit-clients.cfg

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Thu Jul 20 23:06:41 CEST 2006

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:02:14PM +0200, Nicolas wrote:

> DEFAULT
>         UP      1h
>         LOAD    5.0 10.0
>         DISK    * 90 95
>         MEMPHYS 100 101
>         MEMSWAP 60 80
>         MEMACT  95 97
>         PROC    %(/usr/sbin/cron|crond).* 1 5

Putting PROC entries in the DEFAULT section is generally a bad idea,
unless you never - ever - want to have exceptions from the rule.

I'd suggest removing it from the default section, and using this
instead:

HOST=*
	PROC    %(/usr/sbin/cron|crond).* 1 5 EXHOST=mrtg-wat
	PROC    %(/usr/sbin/cron|crond).* 1 HOST=mrtg-wat

or some similar configuration.

> Hobbit version: hobbit-4.1.2p1

Ouch, there's some problems with the config file parsing in the 4.1.2
releases. I'm not entirely sure the above will work in 4.1.2p1; you may
have to list the hosts explicitly for this. It's fixed in the 4.2
release candidate currently being tested.