more clientupdate questions

Scheblein, Adam adam.scheblein at marquette.edu
Thu Jul 20 18:24:58 CEST 2006

Greetings,

I also have been trying to get clientupdate to work, but I have been
getting the following errors:

Found update in progress or failed update (started 55 minutes ago)
Tar: /bin/hobbitlaunch - cannot create
[snipping the rest of the files in the tar]
Upgrade failed, tar reported error status

However when I go to untar the file manually, there is nothing wrong
with the tar file, so I am not sure what is wrong there.

Also I did have a question about the man page -- in the part where it
says:
" All files in the tar archive must have filenames relative to the
clients' $BBHOME (usually, ~hobbit/client/)."

Does that mean that I should go into ~hobbit/client/ and
tar cvf [filename] *

or should I
tar cvf [filename] ~hobbit/client/*

thanks,