Question about logfetch/ log message checking

Francesco Duranti fduranti at q8.it
Sat Jul 15 18:21:05 CEST 2006

I'm finishing to centralize the logging of all of our network switch and netapp filers on one server (the machine that also run Hobbit Server) and I want to use logfetch and Hobbit log monitoring functionality to check those log files and create alerts.

Is possible in some way (or in a future version) to start logfetch and report his data as another client without running the entire hobbit client? The ideal setup would be of logfetch running on the hobbit server that check messages files in various directory and report for each file as a different client ...

Someone already used the log monitoring feature in a similar way?

Thanks

Francesco Duranti