LDAP Query - Base DN with spaces

ZanDAhaR allan at zandahar.net
Tue Jul 4 09:25:23 CEST 2006

We have been given an LDAP server to host for someone to use as a
directory for another application and would like to do some tests on
querying users and the response time rather than just testing that port
389 or 636 responds however the base dn has a space in it.

I thought about putting it inside quotes but then wasnt sure how much of
the string to put into quotes. Also the server requires a bind user name
and password there is no anonymous, and 99.9% of the user names also
have a space, in this case "ldap manager"

Any suggestions would be welcome

Cheers guys

Allan