[hobbit] Question/feature request

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Mon Jul 3 15:54:07 CEST 2006

On Mon, Jul 03, 2006 at 02:17:43PM +0200, Eric van de Meerakker wrote:

> I don't know if you read my previous response (see below), because it
> got sent using the wrong mail account. But I think I've found another
> issue: does the network retest procedure after a failed test ignore the
> "expect" setting in bb-services?
>
> I tried to do some testing by deliberatly misconfiguring the expect
> setting for the FTP test (I set it to 221 in stead of 220), and now I
> have got a cyclical behaviour on the Hobbit server: it will turn all
> (five) FTP service tests yellow on the next test, but within a minute
> they all turn green again. Again five minutes later they turn yellow
> again, back green within a minute, etc. etc. This continues to happen
> until I put the expect 220 back in bb-services...
>
> I don't think this is the correct behaviour?

Doesn't sound right, I'll have to agree.

The retest procedure should use the same parameters as the normal tests,
but your experiment shows that it might not. Just to verify this, could
you try modifying the ~hobbit/server/ext/bbretest-net.sh script and add
"--check-response" to the bbtest-net command in there  (after the "cat
$REDOFILE") ?