[hobbit] Repeat entries in bb-hosts

Peter Welter peter.welter at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 17:30:03 CET 2006

The man-page states:

"dispinclude filename
    Acts like the "include" tag, but only on the BBDISPLAY server. Can
be used e.g. to put a group of hosts on multiple subpages, without
having to repeat the host definitions."

So you could set up your bb-hosts-file as follows for two (or more) views:
1 - SLA's  (fi. SLA_XXX and SLA_YYY) and
2 - System views (Solaris, Linux, Windows...).

Example bb-hosts-file:

title   Your Company

page    SLA   SLA
title   SLA - Your Company

subpage SLA_XXX  SLA_XXX
title   SLA_XXX: Unix - Solaris
include bb-hosts-solaris-SLA_XXX.txt
title   SLA_XXX: Unix - Linux
include bb-hosts-linux-SLA_XXX.txt

subpage SLA_XXX  SLA_YYY
title   SLA_YYY: Unix - Solaris
include bb-hosts-solaris-SLA_YYY.txt
title   SLA_YYY: Unix - Linux
include bb-hosts-linux-SLA_YYY.txt

[snip]

page    SYSTEM        System
title   Systems - Your Company

subpage SOLARIS        Solaris
title   Solaris-systems
dispinclude Include/bb-hosts-solaris-SLA_XXX.txt
dispinclude Include/bb-hosts-solaris-SLA_YYY.txt

subpage LINUX        Linux
title   Linux-systems
dispinclude Include/bb-hosts-linux-SLA_XXX.txt
dispinclude Include/bb-hosts-linux-SLA_YYY.txt
[snip]

Mind the include of dispinclude-setting when you start making the new
view. Although I'm not sure wether Henrik's previous suggestion is
compulsory, it works for us. Hope this helps.

Peter