[hobbit] purple clients problem + multiple hosts

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Jan 12 14:51:50 CET 2006

Hi Henrik,

>The hostname you see in the "ghosts" list is the hostname the the
>clients use when they report data. This *must* match the one found
>in the bb-hosts file, or Hobbit will simply discard the client message
>because it doesn't know which host it belongs to.
>
>So you can either change your clients to use the "--hostname" option
>(e.g. use "--hostname=sieglinde.imada.sdu.dk" when calling
>runclient.sh), or add "CLIENT:sieglinde" to the entries in the
>bb-hosts file.

just before I start to create several client installations dynamically
started: Is there any chance you will extend this feature to something like

"CLIENT:sieglinde:elfriede:kasimir"

so that messages are send once for each name? This would resolve our
multiple hosts problem?

kind regards
Rolf

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 798 2881
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de