Using time in alerts

James B Horwath JamesHorwath at glic.com
Fri Jan 6 21:16:42 CET 2006

It appears using times for alerting is not working as I expect.

I have this rule:

HOST=$MY_HOSTS

        MAIL $UnixEmail  SERVICE=$UnixServices  REPEAT=15m RECOVERED
TIME:1-5:0800:1659

        MAIL $UnixEmail SERVICE=$UnixServices REPEAT=60m RECOVERED
TIME:1-5:0000:0759,1-5:1700:2359
        MAIL $UnixEmail SERVICE=$UnixServices  REPEAT=60m RECOVERED
TIME:06:0000:2359

Based on these rules I would expect only one rule match at any time.

But when I run the command:
 /usr/local/hobbit/server/bin/bbcmd hobbitd_alert --test jimhost cpu

I receive a message saying it matched three times.

Shouldn't the time token apply to the rule?

Please advise,
Jim

This message, and any attachments to it, may contain information that
is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution,
copying, or communication of this message is strictly prohibited.  If
immediately by return e-mail and delete the message and any
attachments.  Thank you.