[hobbit] Help: Trying to use the NCV functionality of hobbit

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Jan 4 10:36:41 CET 2006

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 01:36:32PM +0800, Wild, Phil wrote:

> My hobbit server is receiving the following from the client without
> issue (not incluing the =====)
> ========
> green Wed Jan  4 13:16:08 WST 2006
> DEV :       39
> RUN :       18
> ========
>
> I have modified hobbitserver.cfg with the following:
> ========
> NCV_pro4="GAUGE"

This one is wrong, is thould be
   NCV_pro4="DEV:GAUGE,RUN:GAUGE"
You must restart Hobbit after this change, and you should also delete
any "pro4.rrd" files below the hobbit data/rrd/ directory to make sure
they get re-created with the correct setting.

> GRAPHS="la,disk,inode,qtree,memory,users,vmstat,iostat,tcp.http,tcp,nets
> tat,mrtg::1,temperature,ntpstat,apache,bind,sendmail,mailq,socks,bea,iis
> health,citrix,bbgen,bbtest,bbproxy,hobbitd,pro4"

And this one is missing the "ncv" item. Just add it somewhere.

> I am having real trouble determining how to debug this further.

Have a look at http://www.hswn.dk/~henrik/howtograph.txt . This
document will be part of the Hobbit documentation soon.