[hobbit] Premature end of script headers: bb-hostsvc.sh, referer: ...

Camp, Neil D. (ManTech) CTR neil.camp at deca.mil
Wed Feb 22 18:40:41 CET 2006

All,

Here is a note on HP-UX. If you get the error that I did (in the
subject) then there is a good chance that you are trying to compile in
64 bit mode. Come to find out trying to compile hobbit (and all of its
required libraries) caused problems when linking with HP-UX 64 bit
libraries. I have learned (talking with other developers) that the 64
bit libraries on HP-UX leave a lot to be desired. Once I compiled
everything 32 bit using 32 bit gcc, I was golden. I would be happy to
provide help on HP-UX in the future if anyone is interested. Henrik was
very kind in troubleshooting the issue with me, and got me pointed in
the right direction.

--neil

ManTech
DeCA Operations Systems Administrator