[hobbit] sendmail graphs

Geoff Steer gsteer at firstwave.com.au
Sat Feb 18 04:59:06 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-02-17 at 17:51 +0800, Great Dilla wrote:
> How does one enable [sendmail] graphs? I have searched the mailing
> list archives but cannot find any hints. I'm using version 4.1.2p1.
>
> Things I have done so far:
> on solaris clients, edited "hobbitclient-sunos.sh"
> inserted lines:
> *****
> echo "[sendmail]"
> mailstats
> *****
> on linux clients, edited "hobbitclient-linux.sh"
> inserted lines:
> *****
> echo "[sendmail]"
> mailstats
> *****
>
> on the hobbit server, added "TRENDS:*,sendmail:sendmail|sendmail1" to
> each host monitored.
>
> I don't see any graphs for sendmail on the hobbit webpage.
>
> Any inputs?

Not sure if this is the preferred (or only) method but what I do is to
run a script from clientlaunch.cfg on the hobbit client. e.g.

[sendmail]
        ENVFILE /home/hobbit/client/etc/hobbitclient.cfg
        CMD /home/hobbit/client/ext/sendmail.sh
        LOGFILE /home/hobbit/client/logs/hobbitclient.log
        INTERVAL 5m

The sendmail.sh script runs a mailstats command and uses the bb command
to send it the hobbit server.
The only server configuration is to make sure that the word 'sendmail'
appears in the TEST2RRD and GRAPHS definitions in hobbitserver.cfg.

--
Regards
Geoff

The sender's Anti-virus Service scanned this email. It is safe from known viruses.