[hobbit] hobbitd_client crashed: Fatal signal caught!

Rolf Schrittenlocher Schrittenlocher at rz.uni-frankfurt.de
Thu Feb 16 15:04:24 CET 2006

Hi,

just got the core file for the following one. gdb says:

(gdb) bt
#0  0xff1a01a0 in _libc_kill () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#1  0xff136ce0 in abort () from /usr/lib/libc.so.1
#2  0x0001e81c in setup_signalhandler (
     programname=0xb <Address 0xb out of bounds>) at sig.c:57

we are running hobbit-4.1.2p1 on sun solaris 9. Is this due to our 2
instances running? But as they have different PIDs that shouldn't be a
problem I assume. Any suggestions how to debug that?

kind regards
Rolf

my mail from this morning:

about once a day the hobbit client running on the machine which is
hobbit server as well reports: "program crashed" but isn't dying.
clientdata.log shows:
Worker process died with exit code 134, terminating
hobbitlaunch.log shows:
Task clientdata terminated, status 1

We have a special setup with two instances of hobbitclientlaunch running
on the same machine, one reporting as MACHINE=$hostname, the other as
MACHINE=<alias of $hostname>. Both clientlaunch-processes keep running
without visible problems so I suppose the reports of the two instances
trigger some error message without a really existing problem.

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Rolf Schrittenlocher

HRZ/BDV, Senckenberganlage 31, 60054 Frankfurt
Tel: (49) 69 - 798 28908   Fax: (49) 69 798 2881
LBS: lbs-f at mlist.uni-frankfurt.de
Persoenlich: schritte at rz.uni-frankfurt.de

hobbit-unsubscribe at hswn.dk