[hobbit] Feature Request

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Wed Feb 8 12:28:05 CET 2006

On Wed, Feb 08, 2006 at 10:42:45AM -0000, SigurĂ°ur Bjarnason wrote:

> If anybody here did ever use the butter grapher with bigbrother in the
> past, the same might remember the neat thing of being able to compare
> for example cpu graphs for, all hosts in its group or all hosts
> monitored.  I include example.. is nobody understands what in the
> heck I am talking about   :-)

I never used Butter myself. Did this build a single image with multiple
graphs, or one html page with several (individual, one per host) graphs
in it ?

A recent addition in Hobbit is that you can generate e.g. a "cpu load"
graphs for multiple hosts. There's no tool to generate the magic URL
yet, but if you pull e.g. the cpu load graph - the page where you have
the 4 graphs - then you can add more hosts to the "host=..." part of
the URL. Just list the hosts you want to see, separated by commas.  E.g.

http://www.hswn.dk/hobbit-cgi/hobbitgraph.sh?host=voodoo.hswn.dk,fenris.hswn.dk&service=la&action=menu

Would it be useful if you could put a "page=<regex>" and/or
"host=<regex>" into the URL, and then Hobbit would build the list of
hostnames automatically ?

(Silly question, I know someone will say "yes!")

It won't do it at the group-level; Hobbit has a problem with that
because groups dont have names, so they are difficult to identify.