[hobbit] Custom RRD script

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 7 17:02:06 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 09:11:00AM -0600, Hubbard, Greg L wrote:

> I have been struggling with the custom RRD capabilities in the latest
> version of Hobbit.  I think I've found the issue -- if custom tests are
> listed in the TEST2RRD variable, then those tests are not forwarded to
> the test-script for action.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Hmm - no, at least it shouldn't behave like that.

The custom RRD setup should be very simple. If your data shows up in the
"mytest" column on the Hobbit display, add the "--extra-tests=mytest"
and "--extra-script=mycustomscript.sh" options to the hobbitd_rrd
commandline (in hobbitlaunch.cfg), and that should be it. Your script
should get called whenever there's a status update for the "mytest"
column.

The part that probably tricks you up is that "mytest" must be added
to both the TEST2RRD setting, and the GRAPHS setting. If it's missing
from either of these, Hobbit won't send it through the RRD update
process.