[hobbit] Graphs

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Tue Feb 7 13:23:07 CET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 12:27:21PM +0100, Stef Coene wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 February 2006 11:28, brandste at hebis.de wrote:
> > Hi Stef,
> >
> > if you find out how, we are interested in the solution.
> >
> > At our side we would like to have the cpu-utilization in addition to the
> > load under the point cpu...
> I'm not a programmer, but as far as I can see, you can specify 1 graph for 1
> page.  This should be change so you can specify multiple graphs.  There is a
> framework for multiple graps for disk, inode and qtree.

Yes, but those are graphs of the same type (disk). What you're after are
combining graphs of different types (cpu, vmstat, memory). The way the
current graphs code is structured makes that difficult.

> I think there are 2 changes needed:  One in the file that parses the variable
> TEST2RRD (lib/hobbitrrd.c) so you can specify multiple graphs / page.  And
> one in the file that generates the html pages (lib/htmllog.c).

It's a bit more complex than that :-)

The lib/hobbitrrd.c file is right - you should look at the
hobbit_graph_text() routine, which is the one that generates the
HTML links to the graph images. But it's currently pretty much tied
into generating one graph at a time.