[hobbit] Hobbit_d crashing - help!

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sat Feb 4 09:17:06 CET 2006

On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 05:09:25PM -0800, Kimberly McKinnis wrote:
> This is bad. Especially since this system goes live at 4am.
>
> hobbitd_alert
> - Program crashed
>
> Fatal signal caught!
>
> How can I prevent this? Is this a bug somewhere?

Yes, it's a bug. It only affects alerts - it's the "hobbitd_alert"
module that crashes, not hobbitd itself.

If this is version 4.1.2, then there's a known bug which is fixed in
4.1.2p1 that has this effect. It's mostly an annoyance, though -
alerts are not lost because of this, since hobbitlaunch will immediately
re-start the alert task.

> I don't see anything in the logs, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.
> /var/logs/hobbit logs are pretty empty, save for notifications.log.

hobbitlaunch.log should have a notice about the task terminating
with a signal, and you should have a core file in the ~hobbit/data/tmp/
directory.