[hobbit] Client information not showing up

Henrik Stoerner henrik at hswn.dk
Sun Dec 31 14:28:02 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 02:55:56PM -0700, Gregor Mosheh wrote:
> > And "hobbitd" only appears on the Hobbit *server*, not on any clients.
>
> Ah, gotcha. I had misread, thought it was to check the hobbitd service on
> the client. I take it that 'hobbitd' is synonymous with 'bbd' then?

No, "bbd" checks the Hobbit daemon's network interface. "hobbitd" just
provides some statistics about all of Hobbit, and goes red/yellow if any
problems are logged to the hobbitd logfiles.

> > What happens if you run (on the Hobbit server):
> >    bb 208.86.11.149 "pullclient"
>
> Absolutely nothing. Hrm.
> Checking the client's hobbitclient.log, I get lots of "Whoops ! bb failed
> to send message - timeout" The other logs have nothing interesting;
> successful startup, etc.
>
> Where do I go next to track down the timeout?

Check the IP that your client is configured to send reports to. When you
are using the msgcache/hobbitfetch combo, then BBDISP on your clients
should be 127.0.0.1, instead of the IP of your real Hobbit server.