how to report multiple temperture probe results

Jerry Yu jjj863 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 16:11:35 CET 2006

hi,
I noticed that hobbitgraph.cfg has a [temperature] section. How should I

   1. report multiple probes from a single client in an extension script:
   a lump-all "status server1.temperature green" or one status call per
   probe?
   2. collect these probes into RRD using NCV def in hobbitserver.cfg ?
   3. set threshold centrally on the server?

I initially set up my own extension script 'temps' and therein reports all
six probes on a test server with one 'status server1.temps green' call.
However, the NCV_temps def failed when a different server reports four/seven
probes at once.

As for alerting, I set up thresholds on the server. However, it doesn't
generate any alert even if the threshold is obviously surpassed. wonder if
the 'status blah GREEN' reported by the extension script kinda blocked such
centralized checking?

Thanks.

jerry