Accessing "client data" from a server side ext script? (Re: [hobbit] Alerting on number of times a keyword appers in a logfile?)

Charles Jones jonescr at cisco.com
Mon Dec 11 20:08:55 CET 2006

After searching the Hobbit mailing list, I believe the answer to this
question is "no". All I found is mention of how Henrik first created the
linecount functionality
(http://www.hswn.dk/hobbiton/2006/06/msg00084.html).

So it looks like I will have to implement this myself.  I'm thinking
this would be easiest to do as a *server* side ext script, rather than
client, since I am using the linecount option, the hobbit client is
already sending the number of times the keyword appears in the /client
data/.  Here's a snippet of my client data message for a particular host:

[linecount:/apps/apache/logs/access_main_log]
SessionTimeouts: 1683

*So I guess my question is now, how can I access client data for a host
from a server side ext script?*
I tried doing a recursive grep for "Session" in the data and tmp
directories, and found nothing?

-Charles