[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Charles Goyard cgoyard at cvf.fr
Mon Dec 11 14:08:41 CET 2006

Hi,

Stef Coene wrote :
> On my todo-list:
> - mis use of hobbit and data channels for communication

Here, we mis-use the "notes" channel to build inventory for hosts not
yet monitored (we had to use the same ip/port as hobbit, because it's
the only thing we can garantee is open on the firewalls). I adapted the
"hobbitd_filestore" so it dumps the data, processed later by a database
feeder. We don't need the notes channel because every status page has a
link to a wiki page, used as a quick-n-dirty reference, aka knowlegde
database". I consider adding "user1" and "user2" channels to hobbit, but
at the time it works without further patching.

--
Charles Goyard - cgoyard at cvf.fr - (+33) 1 45 38 01 31