Graphing help with multiple physical & logical CPUS

shea_greg at emc.com shea_greg at emc.com
Fri Dec 8 16:50:47 CET 2006

Hi all,

I have a script that returns data from a host on the utilization of
physical and logical CPUS.
The data is returned as an NCV like below:

PCPU0 : 5.44
PCPU1 : 0.10
Physical CPU 0 utilization is 5.44%
Physical CPU 1 utilization is 0.10%

In my hobbitserver.cfg file I've added "pcpu=ncv" to the TEST2RRD line
and my ncv line should handled up to 8 CPUS
NCV_pcpu="PCPU0:GAUGE,PCPU1:GAUGE,PCPU2:GAUGE,PCPU3:GAUGE,PCPU4:GAUGE,PC
PU5:GAUGE,PCPU6:GAUGE,PCPU7:GAUGE"

I didn't add this to the GRAPHS line because I'm stuck at the RRD defs
part in hobbitgraph.cfg.
I don't want a separate RRD def for each physcial CPU, but I do want
both (or 8) CPUS to show up on the graph.
The same for the logical CPUS.

Any ideas??

Thanks
-Grs-