[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

shea_greg at emc.com shea_greg at emc.com
Fri Dec 8 01:36:55 CET 2006

Why not use webmin for the front end?

-Grs-
Gregory R Shea
EMC Corporation

________________________________

From: Kern, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Kern at hq.doe.gov]
Sent: Thu 12/7/2006 6:33 PM
To: hobbit at hswn.dk
Subject: Re: [hobbit] Configuration database backend.

I like the idea of a database for the trends and status. I think once you getinto using a database for that you will look for other parts of hobbit to put there too. One thing that comes to mind is some uer authentication for whatever config editing front-end you do. And I denfinately want to see a front-end for the configs so that the hobbit server admin is not overly burdened with config setup/changes for a growing client population.

Thomas Kern
301-903-2211