[hobbit] Configuration database backend.

Dan Vande More bigdan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 23:38:13 CET 2006

I would love to see something like this. Hobbit seems to be at that or close
to that stage where something like a small db could really make things much
more powerful.
I would, however, encourage adopting something like what postfix does where
many things are abstracted to the point where the app could use potentially
any (reasonable) data store with no obtuse requirements about mandatory
ones, outside of a config file to configure for a datastore.

Obviously, there would need to be the plain old config options for people
who want reg configs, but sometimes reg configs don't work so well for a lot
of systems with a lot of differences.