Configuration database backend.

Trent Melcher tmelcher at saionline.com
Thu Dec 7 23:01:22 CET 2006

Has anyone thought about or implemented a configuration database backend
for hobbit, primarily a database replacement for the hobbit-clients.cfg
and hobbit-alerts.cfg to start....these are a couple that I would like
to buils a webfront to and be able to give limited access to users so
they could modify thresholds and alerting capabilities when needed.

I did this about 4 years back for Big Brother using Informix,  I was
able to setup thresholds and a replacement for the bb-host file inside a
couple tables in a database.  However back then Big Brother was mostly
shell scripts and flat files for all its configuration.  So adding hooks
into it for talking to a databse was easy.  With hobbit its all compiled
code and Im not sure where to start, plus I don't have access to an
Informix database or the API's for it anymore so Im looking at mysql and
its api's for writing code in C.

I guess Im looking to see if anyone has started some development in this
area?

Thanks
Trent

Trent Melcher
Unix/Linux Systems Administrator
Securities America Financial Corporation
(402) 399-9111 x2774
tmelcher at saionline.com
Securities America, Inc., a Registered Broker/Dealer, Member NASD/SIPC.
Advisory services offered through Securities America Advisors, Inc., an
SEC Registered Investment Advisory
.